FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is BladeShield?
How does BladeShield protect my face while shaving?
A man scrapes a blade across his face on average 150 times each time he shaves. The purpose of foams and gels is to provide lubrication between the blade and your skin. Great idea, but the problem is they contain alcohol and other chemicals that dry out your face causing razor burn, irritation, and ingrown hairs.
BladeShield protects your face in multiple ways...
- Softens: begins softening your beard immediately, before you even begin shaving, making the hairs easier for your blade to cut through.
- Lubricates: provides a smooth layer of optimal lubrication as you shave. You'll be amazed at how easy your razor blade glides across your skin.
- Moisturizes: Instead of alcohol and chemicals, BladeShield leaves behind a nourishing and moisturizing layer of all-natural essential oils leaving your face feeling smooth, soft, and nourished.
- Restores: Many of the essential oils in BladeShield have natural restorative qualities. For example, Eucalyptus is a natural anti-inflammatory and analgesic (pain reliever), helping to reduce razor burn and skin irritation and restore your skin to it's natural state following a shave.
What ingredients are in BladeShield?
- Sandalwood oil
- Tea Tree oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Jojoba oil
- Lavender oil
- Vetiver oil
- Cedarwood oil
- Palmarosa oil
- Sweet Almond oil
- Castor oil
- Olive oil
- Coriander Seed oil
- Aloe Vera
- Rosehip Seed oil
- Grapefruit oil
How do I use BladeShield? (Simple!)
Pre-Shave: Instead of using shaving foam, gel, or soap, simply wet skin and massage 3-4 drops of BladeShield into your face or wherever you are shaving (legs, head, etc.). Then shave as normal.
Post-Shave: To further moisturize and protect skin, apply 1-2 drops of BladeShield to skin after shaving. This can be applied while skin is still wet or after drying depending on your preference. BladeShield is an amazing skin moisturizer, and many of our customers use it regularly to moisturize other parts of their body as well.
Extending the Life of Your Razor Blade:
After shaving, rinse razor well and shake off excess water. Simply apply 3 drops of BladeShield Oil to your razor blade allowing the oil to coat the blades. Done. Your blade will last significantly longer than ever before, and each shave will feel as if you were using a new blade each time.
Why do razor blades get dull?
Razor blades get subjected to water, salt from your face, and oxygen in the air. These things interact with the blade and cause corrosion. Corrosion causes rust not visible to the naked eye, and the fine edge of the blade begins to flake off. The blade doesn’t actually become dull, it becomes jagged causing a dull feeling but also causing cuts, nicks, and hair pulling. Learn more about why blades get dull so quickly here.
How does BladeShield protect razor blades so well, keeping them sharp and preventing them from becoming dull?
BladeShield was developed using a special formula of 100% all-natural essential oils that have been studied and proven to be highly hydrophobic. Highly hydrophobic oils repel water preventing it from getting to your blade and causing corrosion. In fact, 6 of the oils in BladeShield have been tested and proven to reduce corrosion by factors of over 90% each! The great news is that these oils, along with the others in BladeShield are all also great for your skin!
How does BladeShield make my blades last longer?
By preventing them from corroding and rusting, your blades will stay sharper for a much longer time eliminating the need to change your blades out as often as you do now.
Do people really use this to shave with instead of a shaving foam, gel, or soap?
YES! Using BladeShield as a shaving lubricant instead of a shaving gel or shaving cream will provide you with the smoothest shave of your life, and leave your skin feeling nourished and soft.
How does Bladeshield create a smoother shave than shave gels, foams, and soaps?
- Unlike typical gels and foams that only provide lubrication between your face and razor blade, BladeShield Oil actually softens your beard before you begin shaving making the hairs easier for your blade to cut through.
- BladeShield OIl provides a smooth layer of gliding lubrication as you shave. You'll be amazed at how easy your razor blade cuts through your hair.
BONUS: Because gels and foams contain alcohol, they leave your face dry and irritated. BladeShield leaves behind a nourishing and moisturizing layer of all-natural essential oils leaving your face feeling smooth, soft, and nourished.
Does BladeShield really replace all other shaving and skincare products?
BladeShield Oil gives you 3 in 1. Use on your blade to extend the life, use on your face while you shave, and use after shaving for deep moisturizing, healing, and protection. In other words, never buy another foam, gel, lotion, or potion for your face again! And you can clear your counter of all those large, mainly air-filled cans, that are bad for your skin and bad for the environment.